Friday, January 15, 2016

Compare and Contrast

Can you see the light?

Why can we never ever get along?
I am so broken that I can feel it
The hardest points will stay with you life long
Already too deep inside the large pit
Stars can not shine without all the darkness
my hands shake while my head spins on and on
I wonder if they care! Can I express?
They say it's alright, but it is just a con
In a war with myself. There is no hope
I bet it would be easier to die
Only dim lights are seen in the telescope
It is now time for me to say goodbye 
Everyone just stares at me while I weep
All I want to do is die way down deep

This poem remindes me so much to the main character Lara from Backlash. Lara was a depressing girl. "At these times I wish the pills did work so I wouldn't be hear right now" . She always talks about how much she wishes those pills would of work so she wouldn't feel. But one difference is this poem is just about someone that has those thoughts Lara took pills because of cyberbullying. Lara also has very hard times expressing herself. Lara when she didn't like something she will say like I wish I was dead now. Or people don't understand. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the poem you chose to relate to the main character I read the I read your review on the book it's very interesting.

    ReplyDelete